Sunday, September 1, 2013

Finishing touches

We're very busy with last minute touches on the farm prior to our milking cows arriving. Tad installed 3 lights for the loafing barn this weekend. Dad worked on booster pump and water lines. Shawn worked on 4 cow waterers and helped dad rebuild the booster pump. Diana has been very busy tidying up the barns and wiping down the parlor. She also helped me spray down the parlor. I sprayed gallons and gallons of water on all the concrete in the parlor and office and utility room. Hannah and I painted the office floor and I put two coats of sealer on the concrete in the parlor and milk house. The children and I also painted some shelves for the parlor. Lots of blue paint on shelves and kids! The children have also been extremely busy putting miles and miles on their bikes and big wheel. They have a massive race track right now going up and down the holding area to the feed alley and runway where the cows will stand to eat.  That will change when the cows come home! Happy Anniversary to Jeff and Tammy! We've really missed you Jeff! It's like you were part of the barn! Glad you can have time away though. 
Noah enjoying a bumpy ride on his big wheel. 
Josh too!
Emily on her bike. 
Zach on his pogo stick. 
Hannah zipping by. 
Tad working on electric for lights with little helper Noah. 
Shawn and dad looking at mess Shawn made of pump when it slipped out of his hand. Just speeding along the tearing apart process I guess. 
Me sealing deck walls. 
Shawn helping out when he filled tank too full. 
Children painting the shelf and themselves and probably each other. 
Cool outline of a star I painted.  
Zach sealing the bulk tank. 
Cindy with paint stirrer. 
Mostly finished office. 
No toilet yet!
Finished pit. 
Milk room. 
Josh pulling Noah. 
Looking toward the holding area. 
Sawdust for our compost bedding. Uncle Billy and I, mostly him, hung the headlocks on Thursday. 
Posted by: Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment