Dad dug the footers for the loafing barn on Saturday, May 18th and finished them up on Sunday, May 19th. We thought our concrete crew was going to start forming on Monday, May 20th, but he had other jobs scheduled and actually won't get started forming until next week sometime. I ran the transit for Dad while he dug, and we have almost a thousand feet of footers(960' to be almost exact)! I was just a wee bit bored after a little over an hour for first one and I could only take so many pictures while in the ditch. Can also only text for so long, and to make a phone call was about out of the question due to the backhoe noise. During the digging for the second run, I finally got the bright idea to read a book. Not a real book, but one that was downloaded on my Kindle app for my Iphone. It was a really good historical book and I actually almost finished the whole thing running transit for the other 4 footers. I ran it for 5 runs, and Tad ran it for the last shallow, feed alley run.
 |
| Starting first footer for barn |
 |
| View from ditch of the parlor/holding area. |
 |
| I love this picture of our tired old, worn out corn crib. Thought I better get some pictures of it before its torn down. |
 |
| Moving further down the ditch, different angle of the corn crib. |
 |
| Hannah took picture of me with the transit. Let me tell you, it is very loud when it beeps! |
 |
| While the grown ups were working, Dad and I on the ditch, Tad and Shawn on the plastic, the little fellows were working on their own construction/farm! |
Posted by: Dora
No comments:
Post a Comment